sm-admin - [SM-Admin] Source Mage Admin Meeting Agenda - Sunday, 28 September

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: "Eric D. Schabell M.Sc." <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [SM-Admin] Source Mage Admin Meeting Agenda - Sunday, 28 September
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:23:34 +0200

Howdy All!

The agenda for our Admin Meeting for Sunday, 28 September 2003:

1800 GMT - #smgl-admin on irc.freenode.net

The following setup will be used for this and all future meetings with
regards to agenda, hopefully we can keep the meetings down in time
consumption for everyones Sunday:

1. Old Items

- - Source Mage v0.7, code named "Flare" should be released by meeting date
- - Sorcery currently at 1.3, with devel sorcery containing many fixes that
will
be noticable in the next release.
- - Still too few team logs being updated and I can't follow the Team
progress
if there is no reporting! Team Leaders; please use these to help me monitor
your progress!

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=CurrentTeamObjectives

- - init system has been implemented and is in current iso.
- - migration from /devices to /dev (devfs) is a fact in our spells, but will
be
appearing for the first time on iso v0.8.
- - CVS server machine is ready to go, developers are setting up their
accounts.
Joost is very busy (work related) and only works 2 days a week, so be
patient.
- - Porting Team has tinderbox project running!
- - Web Team is about to start testing and phase-in of new Wiki, so will all
developers please go and register at:
http://www.sourcemage.org/tiki/
- - first every SMGL t-shirts were presented to CVS hosting sponsor, pics on
website.
- - request for mirroring in Asia via PlanetMirror has been made.

2. Current Items (as suggested last meeting)

* swoolley and o4ek researching iso building spell.
* announce looking for new leads (web & sorcery). (done!)
* new security section in grimoire. (done!)

* would like to have sorcery feature freeze.
* would like to have smgl feature freeze up to 1.0, only bug fixing
from 0.8 -> 1.0.
* PL will be tracking all bugs with severities above 'normal', so make
them priorities.

Team Leads will give their reports here.

Security Report.

* encrypt p4 and cvs?
* add sorcery update ssl support (lib_cvs)?
* posted design for gpg and md5 validation to sm-security?
* policy doc needs to be drafted?
- stunnel for p4?

Grimoire Report.

Porting Report.

* working on tinderboxes.
* hurd porting working on it.

Cauldron Report.

* iso auto generation?
* cauldron installer?

Web Report.

* new Wiki?

Sorcery Report.

Tome Report.
* French translations being added to Wiki?
* Hungarian pages, man pages, etc?
* update planned for user info after installing?

3. New Items (next meeting).

See you all there!
- --
/*
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.
* Project Lead Source Mage GNU/Linux
*
* SourceMage: http://www.sourcemage.org
* Shopping: http://www.cafeshops.com/sourcemage
* irc.freenode.net (#sourcemage)
* nick -> erics
*/

  • [SM-Admin] Source Mage Admin Meeting Agenda - Sunday, 28 September, Eric D. Schabell M.Sc., 09/25/2003