sm-admin - SM-AdminProject Leader Report - 20021224

sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Developer Only Discussion List

  • From: Eric Schabell <eschabell AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: sm-admin AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: SM-AdminProject Leader Report - 20021224
  • Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:44:23 +0100

T'is the night before Christmas and all thru the house,
not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The SourceMage guru's lay snuggled up in their beds,
with visions of beer and release candidates dancing in their heads.

The year was busy and fun,
with lots of work yet to be done!

I wanted to close out the year with a PL Report to bring you all up to date
on
the happenings since the change of Leadership this last month.

20021222 - First Admin Meeting.

We held a meeting on Sunday the 22nd at 1800 GMT with all Team Leaders
(Grimoire, Sorcery, ISO) attending. We discussed the agenda as I posted on
the sm-admin lists:

https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/sm-admin/2002-December/000011.html

The results of that meeting can be found in the Wiki logs here:

http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Meeting+log+2002-12-22

Basically I just wanted to get the organization going again, lay down some
basic philosophy and announce the positional changes. The big ones are:

Project Lead - Eric Schabell
Assist. PL - Tony Smith
Grimoire Lead - Eric Sandall
Web Lead - Justin Rocha

We also were able to add one (maybe two) Sorcery developers, see the Wiki org
chart for details.

Also need to make a REQUEST TO ALL LIST USERS, PLEASE STOP CROSSPOSTING, AND
ADDRESS ALL CROSSPOSTERS TO STOP IT WHEN IT HAPPENS (NICELY PLEASE), AND DO
NOT REPLY/FWD WITH CROSSPOSTING TO KILL SUCH THREADS. Many thanks!

The items to be place on NEW ITEMS (which means these will be discussed as
the
CURRENT ITEMS next month) were as follows:

* Recruiting, recruiting, recruiting for new bodies. (everyone)

* Cvs backups need to be arranged on the download.sourcemage.org from Nick's
cvs tarballs. (Adam & Eric Schabell)

* Obtain all access accounts and passwords from ibiblio. (Eric Schabell)

* Add sm-user mailinglist for user discussions and help. (Eric Schabell)

* Provide a Sorcery Report.

* Provide a Grimoire Report.

* Provide a ISO Report.

* Contact all Wiki Org Chart developers and clean out lurkers.

Immediately following the meeting I met with the Sorcery Leader (Nick
Jennings) and we agreed to bump the frequency of Stable Sorcery releases up
to once a month with a deadline of 15th of each month.

Thereafter I met with the ISO Leader (Adam Clark) and we agreed to have ISO
releases once a month at a minimum with a deadline set for the last Sunday of
each month. This means a Stable Sorcery and Test Grimoire will be ISO'ed
before each meeting and he opts for more often if bugs/updates warrant it
(and his time permits). We also agreed to have a document placed into an ISO
section on Wiki listing the steps needed to be taken for ISO production, not
a HOWTO, but a basic step by step plan w/o explanation.
(*note hereby, the access to download.sourcemage.org has been revoked and/or
is being reset so currently he is w/o access, be patient)

I am currently discussing the same ideas with Grimoire Leader (Eric Sandall)
to make him aware that by the 15th of each month the Testing Grimoire will
need to include all updates he would like to see make that months ISO.

I hope that this Report will make it all a bit clearer and open. I intend to
post these PL Reports every so often as I find enough has occurred to warrant
such reports.

It has been a pleasure working with you all this last year, also I want to
wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Let's make this the year
of Source Mage 1.0 and continue to have fun with developing our favorite
distro!

--
/*
* Eric D. Schabell M.Sc.

  • SM-AdminProject Leader Report - 20021224, Eric Schabell, 12/24/2002