seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Fwd: Re: [permaculture] Holzer

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Fwd: Re: [permaculture] Holzer
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 14:32:43 -0400

On 3/30/2011 1:09 PM, Mary and Robin Reed wrote:
Lawrence
Sepp Holzer's website has no text on his pond building strategies. Since
I am still on dial up (24Kb/sec) here in E. KY I would like to read
something on the ponds that he has built. Is there any text out there?
Thanks
Robin Reed

Try this:

"Sepp Holzer's Permaculture

While most people think they are mending the world's problems by contemplating light bulbs or buying "organic", there are thousands of people making a more significant difference. And out of those thousands there are a few dozen trail blazers. And out of those few dozen there is one guy that is WAY out ahead of the pack. The mighty, the glorious, the amazing ... Sepp Holzer. Sepp Holzer was doing permaculture before he ever heard the word. To my knowledge, his farm is, by far, the best example of permaculture."

http://www.richsoil.com/sepp-holzer/sepp-holzer-permaculture.jsp
there are pix to download but much text in between

and these links
More about Sepp Holzer and ants.
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/1379_0/permaculture/sepp-holzer-and-ants
More about Sepp Holzer never uses lime.
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/1314_0/permaculture/sepp-holzer-never-uses-lime
More about Sepp Holzer's perennial grain.
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/1316_0/permaculture/sepp-holzers-perennial-grain
More about Sepp Holzer uses no irrigation.
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/1313_0/permaculture/sepp-holzer-uses-no-irrigation
More about Sepp Holzer on apple trees.
http://www.permies.com/permaculture-forums/1354_0/permaculture/sepp-holzer-on-apple-trees

"For more information, please visit Sepp Holzer's Farm (Der Krameterhof).
http://www.krameterhof.at/en/
Apparently, the English portion is not updated as often as the german portion - but you can run the german pages through an online translator.