seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Everbearing blackberry plants to ship soon to those wanting them; no plum seeds or seedlings available.

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: Jay Woods <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Everbearing blackberry plants to ship soon to those wanting them; no plum seeds or seedlings available.
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 08:23:49 -0600

Mine is the thankless task (so far) of trying to raise fruit trees
that breed true and do not require watering/pesticides to thrive
here in Omaha. Notice, I didn't say high fruit quality since
nothing so far has that although the plums and apricots are
small but good.

Currently, I have breeding lines of peaches, apricots, and
plums. Seeds will be available this fall for those who request
them.

On Friday, December 05, 2008 12:21:16 am Lawrence F.
London, Jr. wrote:
> Everbearing blackberry plants to ship soon to those wanting
them.

> Great Expectations (NOT). I felt like Pip visiting Mrs.
Haversham in
> her mouldy, unkempt palace drawing room. I located the
plum grove I
> talked about earlier and found that it was totally decimated
by
> encroaching honeysuckle, wild climbing roses and lack of
sunlight.
> Where there was a thick grove before, this time there was
not a
> single living tree.
>
> I have pruned my single remaining plum and hope it will
bear this