seedkeepers - Re: [Seed Keepers] Yellow Collards and Macomber Turnips

seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Seed Keepers

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@intrex.net>
  • To: Seed Keepers <seedkeepers@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Seed Keepers] Yellow Collards and Macomber Turnips
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 02:21:47 -0400

Fridom Snowbird wrote:
I have yet to figure out how this site works.I have
ordered Yellow Collards and Macomber "Turnips" from
current yearbook, will grow out this year and will
have seeds to share later.
Does anyone know how Velvet Sea beans are used (ie.
for Parkinson's disease)?

Traditional in Eastern North Carolina, serious truck farming country,
the yellow cabbage collards are held to be the very best collards of all.
Yellow collards have been mentioned
before in this list with several people offering them in trade and there is a company in Western NC who sells these seeds. Are yellow collards and yellow cabbage collards the same vegetable?
See the primary list message archives for this info:
http://www.ibiblio.org/ecolandtech/seedkeepers/seedkeepers-archives/maillist.html
The new, secondary archives are here:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/seedkeepers/