secondbat - [Secondbat] Adopting soldiers - from 2/503

secondbat AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: 2/503 173D Airborne Brigade (Sep)

  • From: WITuttle AT aol.com
  • To: secondbat AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Secondbat] Adopting soldiers - from 2/503
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 19:58:27 EDT

We are in the process of adopting some of the soldiers from a unit at Ft. Lewis Washington who are under orders for Irag in August.  Do any of you want to join us?
I feel this is an opportunity to help them get through their tour and then the problems that may arise when they come home as well as possibly provide some healing for the people who went to Vietnam with 2nd Bat.
We have a very close in with the First Sargant of the Company that is deploying - our son-in-law - and 1996 Sigholz award winner Mark Butera.
The help you would provide would be letters from home letting them know you understand what is happening and how they are feeling - some care packages and general support that will not stop once they get home.
You can email us at wituttle AT aol.com and put 2/503 somewhere in the subject line (otherwise it may get deleted as spam.)
If you would feel more comfortable going to another group to sponsor someone, we will understand.  We would just like to not have the ones serving us now be treated the way the Vietnam Veterans were when they came home.  Remember what it would have meant to you!
Iva Tuttle (Wayne Tuttle c/co 2/503 66-67)

  • [Secondbat] Adopting soldiers - from 2/503, WITuttle, 05/03/2004