sc-announce - [sc-announce] "WSJ profiles Jesse Dylan, work in science" - Science Commons blog

sc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Science Commons Announcements

  • From: Kaitlin Thaney <kaitlin AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: sc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [sc-announce] "WSJ profiles Jesse Dylan, work in science" - Science Commons blog
  • Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2009 12:50:00 -0400

WSJ profiles Jesse Dylan, work in science

April 6th, 2009 by Kaitlin Thaney

The Wall Street Journal has a wonderful piece on director and producer Jesse Dylan, detailing his journey from Elvis Costello videos and film to his connection with Creative Commons and Science Commons. The article looks at Jesse’s personal impetus for his latest work and his desire to better explain complex issues in the sciences in simplified terms.

Dylan was recently recognized for his Emmy award winning “Yes We Can” video from President Obama’s campaign, with musical artist will.i.am from the Black Eyed Peas, that quickly became an Internet hit. The Science Commons team first met Dylan in spring of last year, and after a few conversations with John Wilbanks, planning for the first Science Commons informational video began. The video was launched in December as part of the Creative Commons annual campaign and can be seen here, as well as on our home page.

Back in December when we asked Dylan about the video, he said, “I believe Science Commons represents the true aspiration of the web, and I wanted to tell their story. They’ve changed the way we think about exploration and discovery; the important and innovative ideas need to be shared.  I believe it’s vital to revolutionizing science in the future. I hope this is just the beginning of our collaboration.”

We hope so too. Thanks again to Jesse and his team for their work on these videos and ongoing support. For more information about the Science Commons video or “A Shared Culture”, click here and here.

--
http://sciencecommons.org/weblog/archives/2009/04/06/wsj-profiles-jesse-dylan-work-in-science/

  • [sc-announce] "WSJ profiles Jesse Dylan, work in science" - Science Commons blog, Kaitlin Thaney, 04/06/2009