sc-announce - [sc-announce] SciVee round-up - Science Commons blog

sc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Science Commons Announcements

  • From: Kaitlin Thaney <kaitlin AT creativecommons.org>
  • To: sc-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [sc-announce] SciVee round-up - Science Commons blog
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:39:32 -0400

http://sciencecommons.org/weblog/archives/2007/08/28/scivee/

SciVee round-up

August 28th, 2007 by Kaitlin Thaney

So much has been written about SciVee, the new Web site dubbed “the YouTube for science research papers”, that we’ve decided to take on the round-up post instead of restating the good words of our peers. For those who may not know, the site is a project of the National Science Foundation, the San Diego Super Computing Center, and the Public Library of Science. All video submitted to the site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license. And scientists are only allowed to upload publications as part of their video submissions that were published in Open Access journals.

The site joins other projects focused on presenting scientific videos and presentations, such as Science Hack, the Journal of Visualized Experiments (JoVE), Bioscreencast, and Video Lectures, among others.

For more information about SciVee, visit their Web site, or check out some of the coverage linked below.

- Public Library of Science (PLoS)

- Slashdot

- bbgm

- InformationWeek

- Peter Suber, Open Access News (and also, here.)

Kaitlin Thaney
Project Manager
Science Commons
http://sciencecommons.org
kaitlin AT creativecommons.org

  • [sc-announce] SciVee round-up - Science Commons blog, Kaitlin Thaney, 08/28/2007