rr-announce - Digital Art Show for Liverpool Biennial 2006

rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Announcements related to Remix Reading

  • From: Remix Reading <rreading AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Digital Art Show for Liverpool Biennial 2006
  • Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:00:27 +0100

Ahoy,

Another opportunity sent to us, this time for digital artists. Submissions
are
apparently already arriving from the UK, Japan, Europe and the U.S.

----
Call for Submissions (Deadline August 31st 2006)

ONLINE Exhibition of International Digital Art as part of the Independents
strand of the Liverpool Biennial Festival of Contemporary Art 2006. To be
held
September 16th to November 26th 2006.
www.biennial.com
www.independentsbiennial.co.uk

*www.digitalshow.co.uk* is a new website created by artinliverpool.com. The
intention is to show online-only exhibitions of high quality digital art. The
first exhibition is planned to take place as part of the 2006 Liverpool
Biennial. The site will then continue with further exhibitions and a
permanent archive of all shows. *Entry is open to all worldwide *

*Digital Art for the purposes of this exhibition* is defined as artwork that
has been entirely or at least substantially created using computer software.
e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Painter, Flash, 3ds Max, Maya, Bryce etc.

*We do not want* animations, video or photography though such elements
could, we suppose, be used as part of the creation process.

What we are looking for is exciting, interesting painting and drawing rather
than examples of your knowledge of the software tools, filters etc. New or
recent work is preferred.

*The Theme is FUN*. Because we like fun, its our favourite thing.

This is not a competition and there is no money involved but there will be
selection as *the show is limited to 200 images* The exhibition will be
shown
online only and will be promoted through the artinliverpool.com network as
well as the Biennial websites and listings (to be confirmed) and other online
resources.

Full Details on the digital show website: www.digitalshow.co.uk
------

Regards,
The Remix Reading team

  • Digital Art Show for Liverpool Biennial 2006, Remix Reading, 08/03/2006