rr-announce - Important meet this Saturday (10th)

rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Announcements related to Remix Reading

  • From: Remix Reading <rreading AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Important meet this Saturday (10th)
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 11:15:48 +0100

Ahoy,

If you've ever wanted to put on arts events around Reading, run workshops on
anything from vector drawing software to VJ-ing, travel the country talking
about Remix Reading/Creative Commons, or just get more involved in Remix
Reading generally, then this is your opportunity!

We're having a meeting at 12 midday in the Rising Sun Arts Centre (30 Silver
St) this Saturday (10th). It's open to anyone who wants to learn more and/or
get involved.

Here's a very rough agenda:

- Introduction to Remix Reading and Creative Commons.
- Introduction to RAVES, an organisation we're merging with
- Workshops at the fortnightly open media labs (www.remixreading.org/events)
- Reading festival (possibly painting the fencing)
- Greenfields event on 21st June
- Edinburgh Festival trip
- Other future plans, ideas, etc.

I will send out notes from the meeting to our discussion list, so subscribe
that if you'd like to be involved but can't make it to this meeting: