rr-announce - Practical free culture / information meetup in London, 8th April

rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Announcements related to Remix Reading

  • From: Tom Chance <tom AT acrewoods.net>
  • To: keyorganisers AT lists.peopleandplanet.org, rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org, remix-bton AT lists.ibiblio.org, rusu-cf-discussion AT lists.reading.ac.uk
  • Subject: Practical free culture / information meetup in London, 8th April
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 12:11:39 +0000

Ahoy,

Free Culture UK is holding an open meeting to discuss practical concerns
around free culture, free software, free information and other "copyleft"
issues.

Expect discussions about running local Creative Commons projects, campaigning
on intellectual property nationally / internationally, our public domain in
the UK project and anything else people want to discuss! What does Creative
Commons mean to practising artists beyond licensing? How can we balance
approachable, mainstream projects with radical critique? What projects can we
feasibly run to promote creative freedom and empower people?

The meeting will be:
* fun, friendly, no contrived arguments set-up or decisions to be made
* no speakers, panels, lectures, etc.
* sharing experiences, things that did & didn't work
* catered with free wifi

When: Saturday 8th April 2006, roughly from 11am-6pm
Where: Limehouse Town Hall, 646 Commercial Road, London, E14 7HA
More info: http://www.freeculture.org.uk/meetings/2006-04-08

Add your name to the wiki above if you're planning to come, and pass this
notice on to all who might be interested!

Kind regards,
Tom Chance
Remix Reading Project Lead

--
I'm aware that e-mails to me may be blocked by my host
because they are mistaken as spam. If this happens,

  • Practical free culture / information meetup in London, 8th April, Tom Chance, 03/16/2006