rr-announce - Remix artfest & gig & open mic this Saturday

rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Announcements related to Remix Reading

  • From: Remix Reading <rreading AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: rr-announce AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Remix artfest & gig & open mic this Saturday
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 22:59:06 +0100

Ahoy,

This Saturday (2nd of July) we're hosting our second remix spectacular at the
Rising Sun arts centre. Get down there for an open art space, six music sets
and the much loved open mic.

From 6pm there'll be an art space, with existing work to remix and limited
materials (please bring your own!). Let us know if you're coming with
materials so we can plan ahead better. From 8pm visual artists will be joined
by an open mic set-up, so bring your guitars, bongos, sitars and xylophones
and make some noise!

From 8pm we'll also have music from three artists signed to Fading Ways
Records (www.fadingways.com) and three local artists who will remix the
Fading Ways sets. They will be:
Fading Ways: Paul James Berry, Neil Leyton, Jim Clements
(http://www.fwshare.co.uk)
Reading ppl: Betty & the Werewolves, Clare Hooper & Jan Mikulin, Vincent
Sneaksoul and Emmanuel Plinth

More info on the bands can be found in our press release here:
http://www.remixreading.org/node/601

You can download (to read or distribute) the flyer here:
http://www.remixreading.org/assets/rr_fw_flyer.pdf

Finally, we're signed up to the Goolge Adsense scheme, whereby ads are placed
at the bottom of every page on the web site. Our balance is gradually rising,
but after spending over £1000 of our own cash our pockets are empty, so the
project will really benefit from some money from our ads.. The more people
click on the ads, the more we get, and the more money we get, the better we
can make the website and events. So if you're bored in a spare moment, visit
www.remixreading.org and click away!

Kind regards,

The Remix Reading team
http://www.remixreading.org

  • Remix artfest & gig & open mic this Saturday, Remix Reading, 06/27/2005