pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Hello

  • From: Forrest Murray <Forrest.Murray@One82.com>
  • To: "'pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org'" <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Hello
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 15:43:12 -0700

Hello everyone.

My name is Forrest. I hope everyone is doing well. I just thought I would
drop a line to introduce myself since I am new to the group.

I live in the United States in Coastal California. I have a small hobby
greenhouse where I grow mainly Pleurothallis and allies as well as
Bulbophyllum. I have done what is probably very common among enthusiasts
which is when I started off growing orchids years ago I was very attracted to
the large and bold plants and flowers. As my addicti, er, *cough* collection
grew, space became more and more of a premium. Then I was introduced to the
world of miniatures and the bizarre (read awesome) orchids of the
Pleurothallid Alliance. I was immediately smitten and have been busy
learning as much as I could ever since. Now my collection is made up of
primarily pleuro alliance species with the rest being Bulbophyllum or other
odd species. My greenhouse is I to I/C. I also grow some stuff outdoors
year round such as a few Mexican Laelias and some Masdevallia species.

Well, I think that is all for now. I look forward to talking with all of you.

Cheers.

-Forrest