pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Temperature Controlled Cabinets

  • From: Damian Barton <daemondamian@optusnet.com.au>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Temperature Controlled Cabinets
  • Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 15:06:22 +1000

Hello,
I am enquiring as to whether anyone might have contact details for Malcolm Adams, Eastem Canada Orchid Society
whose article Temperature Controlled Cabinets - Part 1 appeared in the The Journal of the Canadian Orchid Congress, The Quebec Issue - November 1993:

http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/recreation/orchidcongress/news/cocv056.html

The first part discusses a cabinet using of controlled refridgeration unit, but this is to keep temperatures at 10C to 15C.

The second part describes a cabinet using a self built evaporative cooler

Part 2 can be found here:
http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/Recreation/orchidcongress/news/cocv064.html

He mentions that a third cabinet is under construction.

I am in the process of building such a cabinet and I wish to emply some means of ensuring the
temperature stays below 25C.

I am most keen to see if he has taken any photographs of both his cabinets, and what level of success he has
had in growing particular Pleurothallids.

Regards
Damian.

  • [pleurothallid-l] Temperature Controlled Cabinets, Damian Barton, 09/08/2007