pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] moss in pots

  • From: Frogpondphrags@aol.com
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] moss in pots
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:17:53 EST

Hello,
  I have several restrepia which are doing very well,  with  healthy moss also growing in the pots. The moss is now climbing up the plants.  Should I carefully remove the moss completely or let some stay? I know in nature this is how they grow. I'm not a botanist but wonder if there is some benefit  with moss  in these plants. On the other hand  does the moss choke out new growth.?
Thanks for your help!
       LS- in snowless Northern Michigan.

  • [pleurothallid-l] moss in pots, Frogpondphrags, 12/10/2003