pleurothallid-l - RE: [pleurothallid-l] Re: breeze/wind & humidity/ rain

  • From: "Linda Sedlacek" <lmg6534@garnet.acns.fsu.edu>
  • To: <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [pleurothallid-l] Re: breeze/wind & humidity/ rain
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 13:12:52 -0400

Thanks everyone for all the information.  You’ve all given me a lot to think about as I start to rethink some of my plans for my orchidarium.  As a scientist in training, nothing is a half-thought out project.  We tend to overanalyze if anything, so I’m going to start researching my few pleurothallids (I only have 3 right now with a dozen on the way) to figure out what conditions they are exposed to in nature and then try to recreate that in the orchidarium.  I’m even considering moving the orchidarium into the greenhouse so I don’t have to try so hard to simulate the temperature difference.  I just don’t seem to manage to get enough of a temperature difference in the house.  Wish me luck!

Linda