pleurothallid-l - [pleurothallid-l] Orquidas De Los Andes

  • From: Michael Shrom <shrommj@ptd.net>
  • To: pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [pleurothallid-l] Orquidas De Los Andes
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:57:11 -0400

I went to the South Eastern Pennsylvania Orchid club meeting tonight. It was pretty interesting. The guy that was supposed to teach the beginners class said their is no beginner class. It's an intermediate class and he taught almost like a college level class. I like him and think I'll learn a lot. He did almost make the one girl cry but has a lot of knowledge to give. Ed Weber was their and had a nice Pleurothalid display. The speaker was from Gold Country Orchids. He had some interesting ideas.

In November the guy from Orquideas De Los Andes will be the speaker. They are taking preorders for plants. Since I am kind of new at this I'm not sure if I want to order or not. Would it be a good idea to get some bare root plants at reasonable prices and pot and mount the plants myself? Or should I get comparable plants for only a few dollars more at Parkside that are potted and mounted and well established? What do you think? I'll probably do a little of both.
Later
Michael