pleurothallid-l - Re: [pleurothallid-l] Dare I mention Masdevallia rosea again!

  • From: "Colleen Pruett" <colleenpruett@wowway.com>
  • To: <pleurothallid-l@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [pleurothallid-l] Dare I mention Masdevallia rosea again!
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 06:12:45 -0400

I use NZ sphagnum with large grade perlite (some call it sponge rock) in
clay pots. I put packing peanuts in the bottom of the pot to facilitate
drainage. I repot every 12 to 18 months. My humidity is over 85% and this is
the best method I have found to avoid soggy conditions. I do have a few in
bark. I may try adding some charcoal to the mix. Small masdevallias with
very fine roots do better for me mounted. I prefer cork bark over tree fern.
I have approximately 40 Masdevallias.
Colleen