piw - Re: [piw] User Added Information

piw AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Permaculture Information Web

  • From: Heide Hermary <heide.hermary AT gaiacollege.ca>
  • To: Permaculture Information Web <piw AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [piw] User Added Information
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:27:18 -0800

Right on, just in a somewhat structured way, but not too structured, otherwise all this important info won't get included because people would feel too constrained.
Heide

Matthew W Strickland wrote:

Just a little bit from a non-techie...
First thanks to all the people doing this. This is going to be a great
resource.... why I am saying going? Its already a great resource. Its just
going to get better.
I think an important part of this project is to somehow allow people to
tell their experiences dealing with a certain plant. Forgive me if this is
already being disscused, but as I look at the website in its current form
I don't see this addressed.
Is there a way that I(or anyone else) could put in their own experiences
using lets say Kudzu. A rating system could be established to put the most
helpful postings to the top and keep the bogus/poor reports at the bottom.
This is on the verge of asking to have a discussion board setup, but I
don't think any reply function would be neccissary.
This way when I search for Kudzu, I'll get all the info on the plant
plus, at the bottom of the page get reports from people that have actually
used the plant. The input form could get even more specific by asking
about region, type of comment (medicinal, food, etc..) and then having
them sorted accordingly. Kinda like a mass repository for folk wisdom.

Matt