person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest issue of the Wolfpack's Waggle

  • From: Robert Brauer <rwbrauer AT gmail.com>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Latest issue of the Wolfpack's Waggle
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2017 06:22:04 -0400

FYI ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David R. Tarpy via Chapters <chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org>
Date: Wed, Apr 26, 2017 at 11:13 AM
To: wolfpackwaggle AT lists.ncsu.edu
Cc: Chapters AT ncbeekeepers.org

Hi everyone,

Greetings from the NC State Apiculture Program! You can now access our latest issue of the our program's newsletter, the Wolfpack's Waggle, which can also be found as usual through:

https://entomology.ces.ncsu.edu/apiculture/wolfpacks-waggle-newsletter/

It’s been a busy spring thus far, and things are only just beginning! Joe has started his project by raising queens, Hannah is off to Peru then across the state at the Ag Experiment Stations, and James received a whopping 1,500 old replacement queens from Ray Oliverez in CA for his project. Esmaeil had a nice review paper accepted on the interaction of queens and disease for a special issue on bee health, and Hongmei has been busy in the lab and field with her egg-injection project. Looking ahead to this summer, both Claire and Sarah will be continuing to help with their projects, we will be joined by three high school interns (one working with Erin and two working with Hongmei), and we will have another two undergrads joining the program (one as part of the Bee MORE program studying the interface between bees and microbes). With 35 new or ongoing research projects, we will definitely be staying busy!

I hope everyone is doing great as you’re finishing up the bee season! Sincerely, David

David R. Tarpy
Professor and Extension Apiculturist
Department of Entomology & Plant Pathology
Campus Box 7613
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC  27695-7613