person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] NCSBA’s Centennial Cooking-with-honey Cookbook

  • From: Robert Brauer <rwbrauer AT gmail.com>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] NCSBA’s Centennial Cooking-with-honey Cookbook
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 07:00:41 -0400

Dear PCBA Members,

Last night we agreed to purchase ten copies of the state sponsored cookbook (described below) for resale to our members/community or for gifts/prizes.

If you are interested in purchasing a copy, please let me know by April 27 so I can adjust our or club order quantity appropriately.

Thanks, Bob

To help mark the NCSBA’s centennial, an outstanding cooking-with-honey
cookbook has been completed by the cookbook team of Sandy Carlson, Lynn
Lucas, Mary Jaynes, Teresa Green and S. Anne Fifer.  This cookbook would
make a wonderful addition to your cooking library or as a birthday,
anniversary or Christmas gift.  All profits will be donated to the NC
Agricultural Foundation and will directly benefit the Apiculture program
at NCSU.

We need your support to help make this project a success. Please
consider asking your Chapter to purchase or pre-order at least ten
copies to be sold later to Chapter members or take at least ten
pre-orders from your membership. This will help greatly with our
start-up costs.

Price is $20 per copy.

Deadline for pre-order commitment is April 30, 2017.

Money will be collected upon delivery.

Please send your pre-order commitment to Sandy Carlson at
sccarlson AT msn.com or contact her via phone at 919-853-9060.

Your support will be greatly appreciated.

Please mention to everyone that:

ALL 300 recipes in the cookbook have honey as an ingredient,

Many of the recipes have received awards and/or are winning recipes of
the NCSBA Summer Conferences,

Categories covered:  Appetizers & Beverages; Soups & Salads; Vegetables;
Main Dishes; Breads; Desserts,

Consider these example recipes:

Start your meal with a Honey Mango Margarita
served with an Orange Honey Glazed Salmon and Spinach Salad with Honey
Dressing & Honeyed Pecans
topped off with Honey Fudge Pie.

Or how about starting your meal with a Honey Sweetened Lemonade
served with Honey Glazed BBQ Pork and an Apple Baked Bean Casserole
topped off with Honey Cream Apple Pie.

And for those in-between hunger pains, have a Cinnamon Pecan Granola
Bar.

Please forward this message to family and friends who enjoy honey or
cooking.

Thank you for your support.

The NCSBA Cookbook Team

  • [PCBA] NCSBA’s Centennial Cooking-with-honey Cookbook, Robert Brauer, 04/21/2017