person_county_beekeepers_association - Re: [PCBA] Need a queen

  • From: Randall Austin <s.randall.austin AT gmail.com>
  • To: Karin Winstead <karin4199 AT gmail.com>, person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [PCBA] Need a queen
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 21:54:15 -0400

Karin,

You don't need to buy a queen. Your 2 hives are in the process of making new ones and they will kill any store-bought queen you try to introduce. See the article <here> for full information.

For those that DO need to buy queens, Bailey Bee Supply in Hillsborough has lots of them for sale and will do so throughout the season. They are Italians, $32 unmarked, $37 marked.

Randall Austin