person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Presentation about bees for Westview Baptist Kids Club

  • From: Lynn S Wilson <wilsonls AT esinc.net>
  • To: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: Barnes Whitney <spud1296 AT charter.net>, Mary Florence <maryflorence AT me.com>, Randall Austin <s.randall.austin AT gmail.com>, Carol Carter <flatriverfarm AT netzero.com>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Presentation about bees for Westview Baptist Kids Club
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:27:49 -0400

Gerald and Susan Hodges from Westview Baptist Church in Roxboro would like a
PCBA beekeeper or two to make a presentation about bees for their Tuesday
morning, July 26 Kids Club. They expect to have about 60 youngsters, from
Kindergarten thru 5th grade. We can either work with the large group of 60
for about 45 minutes or work with four small groups of about 15 for about 30
minutes.

Can anyone help me do this? Let me know as soon as possible.

I'd like to take an observation hive and the teaching hive, and help the kids
make candles.

Whitney, do we have enough foundation and wick (left from Summer 4-H Fun) for
60 candles? If not, I'll need to purchase some tomorrow on my way home from
Chapel Hill so please let me know!

May I borrow your observation hive or should I check with Carol Carter?

When is a good time for me to pick up materials? Sunday afternoon around 4
or 5? Or Monday anytime after noon?