person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: Brushy Mountain Bee Farm Harvesting & Extracting Class: June 18th, 2015

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: Brushy Mountain Bee Farm Harvesting & Extracting Class: June 18th, 2015
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 09:21:03 -0400

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brushy Mountain Bee Farm <info AT brushymountainbeefarm.com>
Date: Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 4:59 PM
To: sjpleasants AT gmail.com

Good Evening Beekeepers,

We would like to inform you and your organization of our upcoming Harvesting and Extracting Class. The class will provide a hands-on demonstration harvesting the honey from a hive and extracting it using various tools and extractors.

The class will be June 18th and it will begin at 9:00 a.m. and runs until 2:00 p.m. at our North Carolina location in Moravian Falls. The class will be $40.00 and lunch and refreshments will be provided.

In the class, we will head out to our bee yard where we will go through a hive inspection, gain understanding of honey frames, and harvest the honey supers. It is recommended that everyone have protective equipment during this part of the class.

We will transition from the bee yard into our extracting room. You will gain knowledge of the tools used to uncap frames, the extractor(s) needed, and the process to filter your honey. At the conclusion of each stage you will have the opportunity to ask questions.

We are very excited to offer this class and are trying to spread the word about it. Feel free to share this information with your clubs, associations, or any fellow beekeepers who might be interested. They are welcome to call us at 1-800-233-7929 or email us at info AT brushymountainbeefarm.com. Seat reservations for the class are only accepted over the phone but they are welcome to email if they have any questions.

Thank you very much for your time and we hope to see you and your fellow beekeepers at our class!

Brushy Mountain Bee Farm

1-800-233-7929

www.brushymountainbeefarm.com

  • [PCBA] Fwd: Brushy Mountain Bee Farm Harvesting & Extracting Class: June 18th, 2015, Mary Deitz, 06/11/2015