person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Mentoring A Young Beekeeper

  • From: Inge Kautzmann <ibk AT imageray.net>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Mentoring A Young Beekeeper
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 18:46:56 -0400

We have a young 4H'er who is interested in beekeeping. However before the parents commit to him attending bee school in January they want to make sure that his interest is solid and long term. He was the young person at the meeting last week by the way.

Is anyone interested in mentoring this youngster over the next couple of months? The parents are willing to facilitate transportation for him to "help out" with a PCBA member's bee hives. You wouldn't need to arrange for any special timing for this other than when you would normally go into your hives.

If you are interested in the opportunity to inspire a young beekeeper, then please let me know and I'll get you in touch with the family.

Thanks,
-Inge
ibk AT imageray.net
336-364-4077

  • [PCBA] Mentoring A Young Beekeeper, Inge Kautzmann, 07/21/2014