person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: CCP meeting about BATS this Thursday!

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: CCP meeting about BATS this Thursday!
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 11:33:06 -0400

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Debbie Roos <debbie.roos AT chathamnc.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Subject: CCP meeting about BATS this Thursday!
To: "sustagchatham AT lists.ncsu.edu" <sustagchatham AT lists.ncsu.edu>

We have an exciting meeting planned for this Thursday's Chatham Conservation Partnership gathering - all about BATS!

Bats are an important part of our agro-ecosystem, and this is a unique opportunity to learn more about them. I hope to see you there!

The meeting will be this Thursday, July 17, from 9:00 am-noon at the Stanford M. Adams Training Facility located at 2832 Big Woods Rd. in Chapel Hill.

Agenda:

9:00 am
Welcome and Introductions

9:10 am
Bats! Overview of Bat Ecology, Life History, and Threats to Survival - Dr. Matina Kalcounis-Ruppell, UNC-Greensboro

10:10 am
Break

10:30 am
Possible Federal Listing of the Northern Long-eared Bat - Kathy Matthews, USFWS

11:00 am
Results from the Community Conservation Priorities for Pittsboro Survey - Catherine Deininger, Biocenosis, LLC

11:20 am
CCP updates and announcements from members

12:00 pm
Adjourn

For more information about the Chatham Conservation Partnership: http://chathamconservation.wikispaces.com/

Debbie

Debbie Roos
Agricultural Extension Agent
Chatham County Center

North Carolina Cooperative Extension
919.542.8202
debbie_roos AT ncsu.edu

www.growingsmallfarms.org

www.facebook.com/debbie.roos.nc

www.twitter.com/GrowSmallFarms

  • [PCBA] Fwd: CCP meeting about BATS this Thursday!, Mary Deitz, 07/15/2014