person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Apiculture webinar

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Apiculture webinar
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 13:32:58 -0400

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David R. Tarpy via ncsba-chapters-list <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>
Date: Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [NCSBA-Chapters] Apiculture webinar
To: County Listserv <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>
Cc: NCSBA Executive Committee <ncsba-list AT rtpnet.org>

Hi everyone,

Last night, we had our latest webinar on apiculture and beekeeping. Thanks to the Mecklenburg County Beekeepers for hosting as well as to all of the CES extension agents who assisted in making it happen for their local beekeeper clientele. We recorded the session last night, a link to which is now posted on our website at:

http://entomology.ces.ncsu.edu/apiculture/beekeeping-webinars/

Several of you had requested this recording with the intent of projecting it for your local chapter on their regular meeting date, so again thank you for doing so. I think it should make for an effective monthly meeting, stimulating much discussion. Since the topic was on our new citizen science project, I encourage everyone and anyone to participate!

In other news, to help put a great capstone on National Pollinator Week, the President of the United States has just issued a memorandum directing government agencies to take additional steps to help honey bees and other pollinators:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/06/20/new-steps-protect-pollinators-critical-contributors-our-nation-s-economy

This effort was helped in large part by the Bee Informed Partnership, a collaborative network of scientists who have been working with beekeepers nationwide to help improve colony losses. We are very excited by this positive step to help our pollinator communities.

Thanks again, everyone! Sincerely, David