person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Summer Conference Update

  • From: Mary Deitz <mdeitz625 AT gmail.com>
  • To: LIST SERV <Person_County_Beekeepers_Association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: [NCSBA-Chapters] Summer Conference Update
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 08:50:47 -0400

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amy Moyle via ncsba-chapters-list <ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org>
Date: Sun, Jun 1, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Subject: [NCSBA-Chapters] Summer Conference Update
To: ncsba-chapters-list AT rtpnet.org

Since we don't yet have a way to notify members when new information is
available, we are asking that you share the following information with your
chapters.

1.  The agenda, workshops, and special event information for the Summer
Conference is now available on the website.  There's a link under What's
New on the home page and also links under the Education & Events/Statewide
Conferences menu.  In the next few days, we'll add more detail including
speaker bios and more details about the workshops.

2.  One of the items on the agenda is an overview of the Honey for Disabled
Veterans program started by Bill Clothier.  There was an article about this
program in the Spring newsletter that went out at the beginning of the year
(you can also find it in the newsletter archive on the website).  Bill is
hoping that other chapters will help with this program by either donating a
jar of honey to be sold or donating some of the proceeds of honey sales to
this program.  A donation from NCSBA chapters will be made to the Disabled
Veterans on Labor Day this year.  I'll send more details as they become
available. Please check the website later this week to learn more about how
to contact Bill to donate or come to the conference and talk to Bill.

As always, thanks for your support.