person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] State Fair booth -wow!

  • From: Randall Austin <s.randall.austin AT gmail.com>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] State Fair booth -wow!
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 11:55:59 -0400

Congratulations to everybody who worked on the PCBA booth at the fair. I got to see it yesterday while I was working the NCSBA info booth. The "tell the story" aspect, professionalism of the materials, arrangement, everything about it was over the top. It was an A+ effort that makes me proud to know you!

Unfortunately for the judging, Chatham County came this year with another phenomenal display, and unlike last year, they remembered to officially enter it in the competition. I don't know who in Chatham comes up with their displays but they must work for Disney or the Smithsonian. This year's was "Aunt Bee's Kitchen". It was an exact representation of grandma's country kitchen, as it if had been literally ripped out and trucked to the fair. Various hive products were scattered around the kitchen, and the informational material was on cooking with honey.

The bee info booth was next to the wax competition items. Inge got a ribbon for a beautiful wax bowl, very delicate and "wow" inspiring. A guy wandered up to the info booth, pointed to it and said, "what's that"? I said that is was beeswax. He say, "yeah, but what's it FOR?" He thought it was some strange beekeeping implement.

Randall Austin

  • [PCBA] State Fair booth -wow!, Randall Austin, 10/26/2013