person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Healing with Honey Book References

  • From: Inge Kautzmann <ibk AT imageray.net>
  • To: PCBA <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Healing with Honey Book References
  • Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 08:49:54 -0400

Title: Healing with Honey Book References
Hello All,

Here are the two books that I mentioned during my talk last week.

The Honey Prescription: The Amazing Power of Honey as Medicine
    - Nathaniel Altman

Honey, the Gourmet Medicine
    - Joe Traynor

Thanks to all who showed up for the honey extraction workshop. We had a great time. Thanks to Mary Deitz for letting us borrow her extractor and accessories and a special thanks to our hosts Tom and Linda Savage. Conducting workshops at their home is always a treat but this time extracting honey in the rain under the protection of their screened in patio somehow made it all that much more wonderful.

By the way as far as feedback goes on uncapping techniques (ranked lowest to highest), the heated knife was the least favored, followed by the unheated uncapping knife, then the capping scratcher. The most favored was an old serrated kitchen knife that Todd has had for a hundred years. He finally remembered what kind it was and where he got it. The Ginsu jokes about it were right on target it is indeed a Quickut Ginsu knife that he got at one of the State Fair demos years and years ago.

It slices, it dices, it can cut through cans but wait there’s more... It’s great for uncapping honey!

Have a great week.

-Inge

  • [PCBA] Healing with Honey Book References, Inge Kautzmann, 06/24/2013