person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Fwd: Tour of the Chatham Mills Pollinator Garden Wednesday May 8!

  • From: Lynn S Wilson <wilsonls AT esinc.net>
  • To: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Fwd: Tour of the Chatham Mills Pollinator Garden Wednesday May 8!
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 12:04:36 -0400

Hope everyone has a chance to tour this garden!  lsw

Begin forwarded message:

From: Debbie Roos <Debbie.Roos AT chathamnc.org>
Date: May 6, 2013 10:35:17 AM EDT

Wednesday May 8 at 5:30 pm I will be giving the first tour of the year of Chatham County Cooperative Extension’s Pollinator Paradise Demonstration Garden at Chatham Mills in Pittsboro. The garden was designed to provide forage habitat for pollinators such as honey bees, native bees, butterflies, flower flies, hummingbirds, beetles, and other beneficial insects.

No registration is required…just meet on the sidewalk in front of Chatham Marketplace at 5:30 pm, rain or shine! The garden is looking great and has over 35 different plants in bloom this week.

You can view photos of the garden on Extension’s Growing Small Farms website at http://go.ncsu.edu/pollinator-garden

I also posted the garden tour schedule on the website in case you can’t make this month’s tour – I will be doing them monthly through November.

I hope to see you there!

Debbie

Debbie Roos
Agricultural Extension Agent
Chatham County Center
North Carolina Cooperative Extension
919.542.8202
debbie_roos AT ncsu.edu

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 8298 (20130505) __________

http://www.eset.com

  • [PCBA] Fwd: Tour of the Chatham Mills Pollinator Garden Wednesday May 8!, Lynn S Wilson, 05/06/2013