person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Minutes of March 18 meeting

  • From: Lynn S Wilson <wilsonls AT esinc.net>
  • To: Person County Beekeepers <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Minutes of March 18 meeting
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 10:14:18 -0400

Please check your names and your advice to be sure they're correct here. If
you see corrections and let me know now, I'll make the changes before the
next meeting. It would be good to include our guests names... but I forgot
to pick up the sign-in sheet on my way out. Sorry! Could someone bring it
to the next meeting for me for the PCBA record?

Also, I'd like to include where our experts are on the path to Master
Beekeeper. I know Randall is already there, but I think Lewis and Tim may be
as well. Fill me in ... or post your "status" on the PCBA Facebook
site...www.facebook.com/PersonCountyBeekeepersAssociation! (By the way, how
many PCBA members are "certified beekeepers" already?)

Here's an idea for welcoming guests who become members and haven't yet
participated in bee school ... what if we provide them with a copy of the bee
school book (on CD maybe) or at least the Delaplane book? Do we have a
membership application available so that guests can find out how to join?

Looking forward to hearing that everyone who took the exam last night passed
it! Good luck with the hands-on test on April 6 (weather permitting, of
course). See you at the Field Day at Todd and Inge's at 11 AM. Todd
promises that you'll get a sugar shake demo. You'll know me by my PCBA
t-shirt! Would it be possible to have some of those little screens that fit
in the top of sugar shake jars for folks who need them? (Lewis's gift in a
previous year really helped me out!)

And thanks to everyone who signed up to help with service presentations and
refreshments. (You should see your names below!)

  • [PCBA] Minutes of March 18 meeting, Lynn S Wilson, 03/22/2013