person_county_beekeepers_association - [PCBA] Volunteer at the fair and get in for free

  • From: Todd Walker <mtwalker AT imageray.net>
  • To: <person_county_beekeepers_association AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [PCBA] Volunteer at the fair and get in for free
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:23:49 -0400

The NC State Beekeepers are looking for volunteers to staff the booth at the State Fair in exchange for tickets to get into the fair. Inge and I did it last year and had a great time. It is a 4-hour shift and all you have to do is talk to people about bees. We met a lot of people and they seemed really interested in learning more about bees. After our shift we were able to go ride the rides, eat fried food, and look at the exhibits. This also counts as service credit for the Master Beekeeper program.

If anyone is interested please contact the coordinator Don Hopkins directly. His numbers are:
Work: 336-376-8250
Cell: 919-218-3310

~Todd

  • [PCBA] Volunteer at the fair and get in for free, Todd Walker, 09/22/2011