percy-l - [percy-l] ANNOUNCEMENT: Interview with writer Doug Brown on Blue Planet Stories podcast (author of "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life")

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: "Henry P. Mills III" <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] ANNOUNCEMENT: Interview with writer Doug Brown on Blue Planet Stories podcast (author of "Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life")
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2024 14:19:29 -0400

Dear Percy-L:

I 'd like to call attention to a recent podcast featuring Percy-L member Doug Brown on Blue Planet Stories, a literary podcast about "people, places, and the culture that connects them" (August 11).

In his interview Doug shares about his book Walker Percy Loves You and Has a Wonderful Plan for Your Life as well as his unique personal experiences as a writer living in the colorful mountain town of Asheville, NC. Along with his interview, the podcasters read one of his fine short stories, "There is No Such Thing as a Mountain" (note: the story begins approx. at 10:00). You can also find Doug's writings on Medium.

I hope you will take this opportunity to get to know Doug better and enjoy a selection of his fiction. I know he'd be glad to hear from you.

Congratulations, Doug!

Podcast Links:

Website: https://www.blueplanetstories.com/p/stories-doug-brown-there-is-no-such

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3i1ZaN2cXWc4Hf53V3nL8D