percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy Talks About the Ending of The Moviegoer

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion of Walker Percy

  • From: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Walker Percy Talks About the Ending of The Moviegoer
  • Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2024 14:01:27 +0000 (UTC)

WOW!
What  a marvelous addition to the discussion! A note from the man himself! To see the author's own shaping of his thinking is such a gift, Thank you.
As you know I had written a memoir which contained about 30 pages of descriptions on The Moviegoer and that trip to  Loyola for the celebration conference of the 50th anniversary of the awarding of the National Book Award for the Moviegoer, There I attended a lecture by Charles Lowry himself which I liked so much I included a description of it for The List as part of  my overall information about what happened there for those not lucky enough to have attended.

Thank you for sending this.
Janet Cantor

On Saturday, August 17, 2024, 09:36:13 AM EDT, lowry.charles AT gmail.com <lowry.charles AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Mes amis,
>
> I think you will all find this very interesting.  About two weeks ago list member and long-time Percy friend Marcus Smith sent me a file which he tried to post to the list but which was rejected as too large.  After some technical adjustments, it is presented here.
>
> Sincere thanks to Marcus for sharing this material, and to Henry for maintaining this wonderful venue.
>
> I note that these comments from Walker Percy were written less than a year before his death, May 10, 1990.

USING PERCY-L
* Submit a Post to Percy-L: percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org (Members only)
* Contact the Listserv Manager: percy.listserv.manager AT gmail.com

LISTSERV ARCHIVES
* View Percy-L Discussion Archives: https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/percy-l/

THE WALKER PERCY PROJECT
* Visit The Walker Percy Project website: https://www.ibiblio.org/wpercy