percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy in LOA

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Doug Brown <wply1223 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy in LOA
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 20:40:28 -0400

I addressed my last email to Rhonda, when I really meant Karey. My apologies, but I rather enjoy Rhonda’s responses as well.

On Mon, Jun 19, 2023 at 8:30 PM RHONDA MCDONNELL <rhonda_mcdonnell AT msn.com> wrote:
I agree with Karey regarding The Second Coming. It is my favorite Percy novel. But I like it in companionship with The Last Gentleman. I think the whole Will Barrett arc is worth it and I’m a fan of LG’s final scene.

Moviegoer did win the National Book Award, but it’s also the most read of Percy’s books.  I might rather have Thanatos Syndrome paired with Love in the Ruins as the prescience shown in those novels makes them interesting to me.

In the end though, I’m just incredibly pleased to have Percy’s work out out there. I don’t think anyone can go much wrong with any of them!

Rhonda

Sent from my iPhone