percy-l - [percy-l] Call for papers

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: RHONDA MCDONNELL <rhonda_mcdonnell AT msn.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Call for papers
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:27:09 +0000

Hello fellow Percy folks,

Late in December I sent out a combined announcement of the re-established Walker Percy society, along with a call for papers for the American Literature Association annual conference. I recently discovered that the contact email listed was incorrect. The original message is below with a corrected email. Sorry for any confusion. See original announcement below:

Dear Percy-L

The Walker Percy Author Society is re-launching! The focus of this society is the study of Percy’s work, both fiction and non-fiction, and we encourage an interdisciplinary approach that matches the interdisciplinary nature of Dr. Percy’s own work. Please consider joining us in Chicago this spring for the annual American Literature Conference. The CFP (see below) allows for any interest in Percy you might want to pursue.

I hope to hear from some of you with proposals for our session.

Best to all!

Rhonda

CALL FOR PAPERS

AMERICAN LITERATURE ASSOCIATION ANNUAL CONFERENCE

MAY 26-29, 2022, Chicago, IL

The Walker Percy Society invites proposals for papers to be presented at the 2022 American Literature Association in Chicago, Illinois26-29 May 2022. We welcome any topic related to Percy's fiction or nonfiction.  Topics directly or tangentially to Walker Percy's continued relevance and importance to our 21st century world, with all its vagaries, anxieties, and abstractions, are especially welcomed. In short, how does Walker Percy still speak to us?

Send 250-word abstracts for a twenty-minute presentation to Rhonda McDonnell at rmcdonnell AT nvcc.edu by January 21, 2022. Please title your subject line "ALA Proposal [your last name]" and include in the body of your message a brief biographical sketch, your preferred email address, and any AV equipment needs.

MORE INFO:

The American Literature Association's 33rd annual conference will meet at the Palmer House Hilton, May 26-29, 2022 (Thursday through Sunday of Memorial Day weekend). For further information, please consult the ALA website at www.americanliteratureassociation.org <http://www.americanliteratureassociation.org/> or contact the conference director, Professor Leslie Petty, at pettyl AT rhodes.edu or the Executive Director of the ALA, Professor Alfred Bendixen of Princeton University, at ab23 AT princeton.edu with specific questions.

Sent from my iPhone

  • [percy-l] Call for papers, RHONDA MCDONNELL, 01/11/2022