percy-l - [percy-l] Percy-L Discussion Back Online - Important Message

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Henry P. Mills" <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Percy-L Discussion Back Online - Important Message
  • Date: Sat, 8 May 2021 22:41:39 -0400

From the Director of The Walker Percy Project and Percy-L Manager

Greetings Percy-L Community:

The Percy-L listserv was created with the purpose of promoting online discussion on topics related to Walker Percy, including his writings, life, and thought, as well as literary, religious, scientific, and philosophical culture relevant to him. Now in its 26th year, Percy-L aims to cultivate a learning community open to students, scholars, and general readers, no matter their level of expertise, in which all perspectives are welcome.

Please read and save the revised Charter & Policies (formerly "Guidelines") of listserv membership found in the following email. Included is a reference list of member management links.

The revised Charter & Policies ensure that we fulfill the listserv's intended purpose while maintaining a community of regular inquiry into and celebration of Percy's work. We join together in this community to develop Percy-L as a challenging discussion environment grounded in the twin principles of free speech and mutually-respectful debate.

Percy-L aims to be an unmoderated listserv that is self-regulating toward the interests of all. Please invite potential members to get involved in our discussions via the link in the footer.* Feedback or suggestions about the Charter & Policies may be submitted directly to percy.listserv.manager AT gmail.com.

As we pick up with our always stimulating conversations, let us remember the positive inspirations that drew us to Percy's literary works and values -- in turn bringing those inspirations to our community. I hope you will join me in looking forward to many productive and exciting Percy-related discussions ahead, as we each individually and collectively together further Percy's important legacy.

Sincerely,
Henry P. Mills III

--
Director, The Walker Percy Project