percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Greetings

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Plemmons, Gregory" <gregory.plemmons AT vumc.org>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Greetings
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 18:46:15 +0000

Hi, Will,

Welcome to the list. I lived in the Lowcountry for 4 years during medical school, but was introduced to Percy in college and have long been a fan. I also write fiction, and attempt to practice and teach humanistic medicine in an era of profoundly disconcerting technology.  I read The Moviegoer again the last month, which provided great comfort. It certainly makes me wonder what the good doctor would say about our current predicament.

All best,

Greg Plemmons