percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Percy and modern media

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <honeyjbc AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Percy and modern media
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2020 13:58:38 +0000 (UTC)

Not to forget Wilton's response after she listens to Gervaise:

"Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end."

Every Percy novel ends with the idea that after all is said and done and the circus and fun house goofiness of his plots are over, the conclusion is to get over yourself and take care of someone. That is Percy's conclusion. That's it. The end.

There is no possibility except that this script came almost verbatim from Percy's plots.

Janet Cantor