percy-l - Re: [percy-l] Here’s to Unsuicide: An Interview with Richard Powers - Los Angeles Review of Books

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Henry P. Mills" <wppdirector AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] Here’s to Unsuicide: An Interview with Richard Powers - Los Angeles Review of Books
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 04:54:38 -0500

Fascinating interview, Lauren. Thanks for sharing. Reminds me a bit of
Albert Schweitzer’s driving philosophy of developing “reverence for life” -
that is, reverence for all creation in the universe, from our fellow human
beings to nature itself. I don’t know Powers’ spiritual or religious
background, and those given his affinity for Percy. Anyone care to chime in
about Powers?