percy-l - [percy-l] inquiry

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Lauren Stacy Berdy <lauren.stacy.berdy AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] inquiry
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2017 15:28:43 -0400

Dear Percy-L,

 I have an inquiry and I don't live in a world that speaks to it.

I recently read that

evangelicalism is "the religion of enthusiasm'

  I Thought THAT WAS SOMETHING ELSE, IT SAID SO MUCH TO ME AS A HUMAN LIVING IN "THESE DREAD LATER DAYS "LIVING IN THESE UNITED STATES

anyway the person who said this was named

Ronald Knox, a mischievous soul  in the catholic church, a thinker, who seems to see us up close.    ........ He also wrote and excellent little book on D.H. Lawrence.

what I was wondering if anyone has heard of this man?

and

if you knew what I could read that would signify?

Thank you again for this portal to you,

Lauren Stacy Berdy

( I often wonder what would Percy write these day, don't you?)

 Also are you not so very thankful for Mr. Jon Meacham presence among the TV talkers?