percy-l - Re: [percy-l] New John Kennedy Toole Movie

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "Karl M. Terrell" <kterrell AT stokeswagner.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] New John Kennedy Toole Movie
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2017 23:26:46 +0000

Wonderful movie idea! I've read for years of failed efforts to make a movie of Confederacy of Dunces. I think John Belushi was considered once for Ignatius; later, John Goodman. A great idea, I think, to include O'Toole's story alongside the fictive, inclusive of his mama's entreaties to Percy. It would be great if the movie gets into a bit of Percy's ideas and muse, and why ultimately he supported publication.

Sent from my iPhone