percy-l - [percy-l] Request

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Charles Cowherd <charlescowherd AT hotmail.com>
  • To: "percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Request
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2016 21:20:30 +0000

All,
   I am looking for a little piece of Percy trivia that I cannot seem to locate:
   Once I remember him saying something to the effect of: “Coming up with the title of a book is one of the hardest things that a writer can do, that and the first line…… Now IN THE BEGINNING … the start of Genesis, that’s a good opener.”
   I felt like I was in a letter to Shelby Foote (in the book between the two that Tolson edited) and I am scanning the book on their correspondence but cannot find it.
Anyone out there who might be able to help?
~ Charles Cowherd

  • [percy-l] Request, Charles Cowherd, 11/03/2016