percy-l - Re: [percy-l] A New Member and a Question

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Marc Porter <MPorter AT fslegal.com>
  • To: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>, "'Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion'" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] A New Member and a Question
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2015 16:17:33 -0500

Janet

I would agree that Percy as a staunch Catholic believed all that the Church taught in regard to faith and morals and would have followed the social teaching of the Church as it pertained to the dignity of the human person.  He would of recognized himself as  a sinner in need of Grace to live out the demands of that teaching.   He definitely was against racism and any “phony piety”.

Thanks for all the great comments and incites.

Marc S. Porter

Figliulo & Silverman PC

10 South LaSalle Street-Suite 3600

Chicago, Illinois 60603

Direct Dial: 312-251-5272

Fax: 312-251-4610

e-mail: mporter AT fslegal.com

THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS EMAIL MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE PERSONAL AND CONFIDENTIAL USE OF THE DESIGNATED RECIPIENT(S) NAMED ABOVE.

This message may be an attorney-client communication, and as such is privileged and confidential.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this document in error, and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message or the taking of any action in reliance on its contents, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone.  Thank you.