percy-l - [percy-l] request

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: "janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com" <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: "Percy-L: Literary and Philosophical Discussion" <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] request
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 13:18:50 +0000 (UTC)

--
On 6/22/15 5:41 PM, desmond wrote:

In his reading of The Moviegoer, Mr. Giraldi completely ignores one of its most important thematic threads, i.e. Binx's intuition of his "Jewishness" as a "clue" to his deepest identity, and where that clue leads him in the novel.  Giraldi's simplified interpretation is a serious misreading of the novel (for his own purposes, I suppose).

John Desmond

I wonder, would Mr. Desmond care to expand on this for us?
Every time I think I understand something in Percy, someone says something and I think I understand nothing.

Janet

  • [percy-l] request, janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com, 06/23/2015