percy-l - Re: [percy-l] [External] Re: LITR - Five Years Later

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Lauren Stacy Berdy <lauren.stacy.berdy AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [percy-l] [External] Re: LITR - Five Years Later
  • Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 09:44:21 -0400

 greetings!
I too have been interested in what others have written. In fact I wish there was even more meat got chewed more flesh from this books very meaty bones...........
I believe Dr Percy did not want us to each to proclaim our own truths.
He wanted us to listen to one another and hear each story as it is told by our narrating self and find the similarity in our own lives.
what is the purpose of our lives he would say? what are we here for?
Are we missing the point of existence?
have we stopped being curious?
explanations by authorities  won't get us over the bridge to understanding our common ground (our only world) but listening just might!
We each have a bit of all the characters in LITR inside of us.........
thank you,

Lauren Stacy Berdy