percy-l - [percy-l] art Immelman and us

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Lauren Stacy Berdy <lauren.stacy.berdy AT gmail.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org:Literary and Philosophical Discussion <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] art Immelman and us
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 11:46:44 -0400

the devil has been around in many guises... hasn't he?
his most recent visitation for this reader was in  Hitlers boy hood bedroom (Norman Mailer  "Castle in the Forest")
the point is he is around us still...........?? and I think that this is want needs to be noticed?
we all have a little Art Immelman inside of us??? He isn't separate from us?
Perhaps he is Tom Mores SHADOW Persona? Percy had a knack for knowing his own devils...........don't you think?
of course" what with the world ending" ( tom at the beginning is waiting for the world to end?)
the Devil is sure to rise from the ground to make more mischief it is his best time after all? to be there in a time of uncertainty?
he is there to stop the wayfarer's  on their journey?
Maybe its' Dr, More temptations( like  Faust's) those temptations fatally deceive  a self but they sure bring up the devil in us?????? eh?
be careful what you wish for?

--
Lauren Stacy Berdy
(