percy-l - [percy-l] Thanatos

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: Janet Cantor <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: rhoda faust <rkfaust AT loyno.edu>, jay tolson <tolson.jay AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: percy lists <percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [percy-l] Thanatos
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

I just had to share this. My friend couldn't find a copy of The Thanatos Syndrome in any of her local libraries so I looked on Amazon to see its availability.
There is actually someone offering fifteen copies of the book used in hardback for one penny each.
Now these could have been donated to a library. But someone actually went to the trouble to post them for sale on Amazon. Is this a comment on his assessment of the book's worth or a generous act of ecumenicism to make it easy for others to be introduced to Percy?
I leave it to you to ponder this one.
Janet

  • [percy-l] Thanatos, Janet Cantor, 07/21/2012