percy-l - [percy-l] from a movie review

percy-l AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Percy-L: Literary, Religious, Scientific, and Philosophical Discussion on Walker Percy

  • From: janet cantor <janetcantor37 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Percy-L AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [percy-l] from a movie review
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:23:48 -0800 (PST)

Manohla Dargis, in a review of the movie Unknown, said this:

"It's truer inspirations are those film noirs of the 19402 and '50s in which an Everyman wakes up with a lump on his head and asks the great essential question, Who am I?"

 I was reminded of Binx's movie about amnesia.

Soon to come will be the rest of my comments on that Percy conference in Loyola in October.

Janet Cantor